The Monk Botanical Gardens depends heavily on volunteers. And our volunteers—hundreds of them—enjoy working at the Gardens. From weeding and clearing brush, to building and maintaining our structures, to helping with events and committee work…volunteers perform thousands of hours of service that are helping us grow the Gardens into Central Wisconsin’s first and finest botanical garden.
If you would like to inquire about volunteer opportunities or have questions, please contact us at [email protected].
We believe that people of color and LGBTQ community must be a part of the Gardens’ team for us to succeed and serve the entire community. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
Volunteer Opportunities May Include:
- Docents (Garden Guides-Summer only) to share your knowledge and lead tours
- Garden Maintenance Member to assist with garden beds and grounds work
- Handy Person to help with building and repairs
- Media Assistant to plan social media marketing
- Graphic Design (must use InDesign) to create printed promotional materials
- Special Events Supporter to contribute to the success of our events
- Committee Member to lend your talents to one of our committees
- Garden Steward (additional time commitment) Please contact us if interested!
- Kitchen Gardener (additional time commitment) to maintain a Kitchen Garden plot for the season